Dear John McCain,
As a fervent supporter of Barack Obama, I thank you for making it easy on us liberals and blowing your own election by choosing a clueless dimwit to be your running mate. And I don't mean that in a sexist way (as seems to be the big concern all of sudden). I mean it in the way that any Vice Presidential candidate should be called a dimwit when they can't even define standard concepts or answer basic BIG ISSUE questions on foreign policies.
(please watch this whole thing. she has no clue and just rambles in circles. You'll notice that she doesn't actually SAY anything and I love how annoyed Charlie Gibson gets. Like he's explaining it to a school kid who just isn't paying attention.. "I get lost in a blizzard of words there").
It's nice, Mr. McCain, that you are using the same old scare tactics to try and fool Americans to voting for you. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't scared that enough Americans are naive to fall for it. But in selecting Sarah Palin as your running mate...well let's just say I can't wait for October 2 when Joe Biden rips her a new one in the Vice Presidential debate. I'm not sure if you noticed, but no matter how many times Palin says "Islamic extremists hellbent on destroying our freedom" it doesn't make her any more knowledgeable on foreign policy.
So, since you are so pro-America, I would just like to point out that you have chosen a running mate solely so you could pull in voters such as the extreme religious right and defected female Clinton-ites (who I'd like to think are not dumb enough to vote for McCain just bc a woman is running with him. Do you think they're that dumb Mr. McCain). If you were really concerned about the future of our nation, I'd like to think that you may have chosen someone who could point to Pakistan on a map so that when she takes over the biggest nation in the free world when you inevitably croak, we'd have a shot in hell.
Maybe I sound bitter here, but last time I checked, handing out fake homemade signs at the RNC that say "Hockey Moms Love Palin" is a pretty pathetic way to try to bring in votes. And to any fellow Americans who may be on the fence, just remember what Palin really stands for. Remember how she is just as "hellbent" on taking away our freedoms (those of religion, choice, a clean planet, the list goes on) as many "evil people" she so very much loves to reference. It's all about perspective people. Let's not forget that.

4 comments:
awww, come on ... she can see russia from her home! and she has a special needs child ... surely both of these are compelling reasons for her to be a heartbeat away from the presidency.
i commented yesterday. i'm actually one of your cousin liz's athletes. i found your old blog when i did a search for myofascial release. i loved what you had to say in general so kept reading and then found this one.
funny coincidence that you are her cousin!
nice to "meet" you. i hope you keep blogging.
cat.
well now that i know someone actually reads this thing, i think i'll have to! btw, MFR rules. has sooo changed my body for the better
I read your blog too Lorraine. So keep posting.
Aunt Janet
okay, the "shout out" she gave at the debate *had* to give you enough material to warrant a post. : )
cat.
Post a Comment