Thursday, May 29, 2008

Is There Any Cure for Me!?!

The multiple listing service (MLS), where all the real estate for sale is listed, has become my new best friend.  I know what you're saying. Lorraine, you already bought a house, you can stop looking now. 

No, I can't. You see I have developed a nasty virus.  Unlike the typical "buyer's remorse" you often hear about, I have developed something on the total opposite end of the spectrum. It's called 

"I got the nicest house in my price range, nanny nanny poo poo-itis."  

I hear it may even me incurable. Symptoms include:

*Compulsively checking MLS for homes in the same price range that I got my home for

*Thoroughly examining each photo of said houses and scoffing at the ugly carpet, impossible to remover wallpaper, or horrific hot pink and orange bathroom tile.

*Calculating the amount of acreage of said houses times the desirability of location divided by the cost of taxes to the power of home renovations needed...times pi.

*Basking in the realization that my house has the most acreage, best location, moderate taxes, and least renovations needed of the homes in its price range....times pi.

*Compulsively RE-checking MLS in surrounding areas as well, to make sure that I'm still right.

Yup, it's a nasty nasty case I've got. But boy does it make me feel good at the end of the day!

No comments: