I have never in my life had money. I don't know what it is like to come from money, have money, and will most likely never be rich. (Because I'm an idiot and live in NY where the cost of living is completely insane, but anyway....). I work in Westchester County, which for all intensive purposes is full of completely rich assholes. I mean stupid rich. $3000 on a bag is no big deal rich. A lot of people would most likely be jealous of this kind of lifestyle...the big house, the clothes, the vacations.
Me? I don't really see it that way. To be honest, I don't want a McMansion (my term for all these pre-fab huge brand new houses that they throw together in a month in developments of 10 and 20 at a time, and then charge a million dollars for. I despise them and would never want one). I'd much rather live in a tiny farmhouse with some character. And I don't need stuff. Stuff is exactly that. It's just useless STUFF. Do you know how much stuff I donate annually to good will and I don't even SHOP. It's still a lot of stuff! I have always been baffled with this country's obsession with stuff. We need more more more always more of tons of useless crapola. I will never understand it.
But this story I read this morning...this really effing cracked me up. The thing that kills me about rich assholes is that they try to act like they are just average people with financial struggles like everyone else. What they are forgetting is that they are having financial struggles because they bought a 5 million dollar house, married a gold digger who spends my salary in a month just buying clothes, and have shithole kids who want BMWs and then crash them two weeks later. I have struggles because I want to do things like get better, eat healthy food, and put gas in my car. And I have a Masters degree and am an Occupational Therapist and a Supervisor at my job! Yea. Still totally poor.
But listen to what this ass said. Jose Canseco recently foreclosed on his home because he just didn't want to pay for it anymore and knew he couldn't sell it right now. And this is what he had to say about it....
"You know my life, this financial thing, is a very complicated issue. Obviously, when you make all that money, people think, `OK, let's assume it is $35 million.' People have to understand that $35 million, you're paying the government 41 percent. That leaves you with about $17 or $18 million, not even. Then you're taking care of your whole family."
What!? You poor baby!! You have to take care of a FAMILY making only $17 or $18 mill!? Who could EVER afford to do that!?
S-H-I-T--H-O-L-E!!!
You see folks, this is just one indication of my problem with this country. People are all about making as much money as humanly possible with no regard for the little guy. People only care about what will fund their next ridiculous purchase. And unfortunately the little guy is roped into this and HE is the one foreclosing on his house because in actuality, he really couldn't afford it in the first place. In actuality, predatory lenders screwed him royally. In actuality, a government like we have right now cares only about progressing the big guy and shitting all over the little guy.
The scary thing is, that I have become the little guy. Again, me with my Masters Degree and professional job. The middle class is quickly disappearing. We have the rich, the poor, and the utterly destitute. It's a sad sad time for America.
Friday, May 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment