Well, it's official ladies and gentlemen. Chris and I have moved into our first home. And we love it. After offering pizza and beer to my closest friends and family, we managed to complete the move in no time and save a ton of money by not hiring any damn movers (My recommendation? Just befriend burly men....or at least wimpy men like my friends who can muster up enough burly to move some shit).
However, it's the unpacking things that is getting to me slightly. The last time I moved, I was in between jobs and had all the time in the world to unpack. This time? Not to much. In fact, I am lucky if I even unpack a single item when I get home from work. Granted Chris and Jim managed to find the time to build a horseshoe pit in my backyard to play and drink beers at, but who needs clothes in the closet? Or shades on the windows? Or food in the pantry? Nah, not us. As long as we've got some horseshoes and some beer, we're apparently all good.
In any event, I've done some exploring of my new surroundings. It's quite gorgeous up here and close enough to everything that I don't feel like I'm missing out on anything. It's about an hour from NYC..so definitely further than before...but I'm not cryin' about it. The dark skies and infinite stars that I see make up for it, trust me. Although the wide range of totally unidentifiable bugs...that I could do without. (I'm talking mutant bugs. Crazy bugs. Bugs I've never seen in my LIFE!).
So here's to home ownership. What does it really mean? It means I now check my account balance before I buy a bottle of water, cuz you never do know if there is any money in it.
Cheers!
Saturday, August 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment