Friday, August 15, 2008

Long Island...and then some

So here's the thing about my lady friends and bachelorette parties. Everyone I know has always said "I don't want any strippers" and I have been more than happy to oblige. I never had the slightest urge for one myself. But...then Jessica was having her party. And if anyone needs a stripper, it's Jessica. SO we all called Hunk-O-Mania and ordered a stripper. It went something like this...

Them: "Hunk-o-Mania, how can we help you?"
Us: "Ah yes...we'd like...one stripper please."
Them: "For when and what time?"
Us: "Um...Saturday at 6:30?"
Them: "What theme would you like?"
Us: "I'm sorry? Like...under the sea? or back to the future?"
Them: "No. Like policeman, fireman, doctor...."
Us: "OH YES!! Um...policeman please."
Them: "Officer Matt will arrive at 6:30. That will be $300 for a half hour."

Who knew strippers could be so expensive? And it was quite a business transaction, might I add. Jessica was not expecting a thing and Officer Matt was probably the nicest guy I have met in awhile. Not skeevy and no they don't get all the way naked. We thought it might be more like him doing a little dance, but in the end it was more like him totally violating us (in a PG-13 kinda way, nothing too horrible) and putting us all in these ridiculous positions like nothing I have ever seen in my life. It was really amusing and I'm really glad that I got to experience it...one time. That will probably be enough.  We then headed out to Fire Island and had an awesome night. Seriously it was so much fun.  Then since I am off for 3 weeks, I decided to stay at Kate's out on Long Island for the week. We basically ate, drank, and sat on the beach all week. It was awesome. Now I have to tend to the house and ya know...keep unpacking!!!!!


No comments: