I looked out the window this morning and saw a few buds starting to come out on the trees. I stop. I look closer. Yes. Those are definitely buds on the trees. Wait a freakin' minute. I walk over to the calendar and check the date. It's March 30. Wait another minute. It's spring. It's spring already? I check about three more times before I actually believe it. The winter is over.
But...I didn't get the flu.
I didn't spend three months straight fighting off repeated sinus infections.
I didn't have to use up all of my sick days.
I didn't buy a small stock share in Kleenex to account for the amount of tissues I typically go through on an average winter day.
I didn't go to the doctor ONCE!
I don't think you can really appreciate how insane this is unless you've known me for awhile. The joke my husband and I have is that if we are both in a huge crowd, he can find me by just following the sound of my throat clearing and hacking cough. The joke is that I'd be the shittiest ninja ever because you can ALWAYS hear me coming. *COUGH COUGH SNEEZE COUGH AAAHHHEEEMMMMMMM* I typically spend more time apologizing for blowing my nose than I do talking during a conversation. Winter for me has ALWAYS meant debilitating colds, flus, viruses, and infections. My doctor may as well book me a weekly appointment in the winter just based on the assumption that I'll need to come in. I should have just hooked up a Z-Pack to myself intravenously. As it goes, I associate winter with my head weighing 6000 pounds and wanting to do nothing but sleep. When I started working with kids it escalated to unthinkable levels. I was sick from October to May.
But not this winter.
So what's changed? Well, I'm sure on some level being surrounded by sick kids has had to boost my immune system's desire to fight the never ending bugs that go around. But I've been working with kids for years now. That would have happened after my first year. So in my opinion? I have to attribute it to something else.
I'm getting well. My mind and body are healing. The only difference between this winter and last winter is that I've been going for my MFR treatments. Something tells me this has HAD to play a part in all of this. I can't really explain why or how. But I can't really explain what else it would be. My growing positive attitude and determination certainly can't hurt either. But regardless of the reason, regardless of the actual explanation, something has changed. I almost didn't realize it until today.
I'm actually changing.
Sunday, March 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment