Sunday, April 13, 2008

Christopher

Sometimes I think it's hard to describe Chris and I. As I've stated in previous posts, we've been through more crazy shit than anyone should had to have gone through at our age. But yet it's really never affected us in how we interact with each other. Sure it wasn't always easy. Things take their toll. It took some getting used to having him back after deployments, but for the most part, after everything we've gone through, we are still...us. And us is pretty damn cool if you ask me. We've managed to strike some perfect balance between our stark differences and while sometimes our problem solving solutions are quite different (his being stay quiet if I get annoyed at him, mine being do a crazy song and dance....literally... if he gets annoyed at me. I mean how can you stay mad at me when I am performing my own rendition of "Bump and Grind" with the broom while singing at the top of my lungs? I mean seriously...) we always seem to figure it out and move on quickly. And for the record, there is no end to my singing and dancing. I make up songs for everything I do. I have a dance for just about every moment of the day. Most men would (and have) run screaming from someone like me. I am so completely ridiculous at moments that I am not quite sure sometimes how Chris...even keeled level headed Chris...ended up with a whack-a-doo like myself. But boy I sure am glad he did!!
Of course then I remember that beyond his Ultra Running and military background, Chris spent his younger years in a sketch comedy group in Providence, spent his high school years dressing in polyester 70s bell bottoms dancing to Saturday Night Fever (for some reason he developed a thing for disco) and is best known for his absolutely amazing ability to do the worm.
Maybe we aren't so different after all...









No comments: