Last night I went to Karaoke Night with Brennan and Joe. Joe is actually a legitimate musician --> Joe Wilson Music and pretty awesome if you ask me. But this makes for good times during Karaoke. The bar was definitely full of some interesting folk...
For starters, I pull up and see Brennan outside. "This guy's singing opera. He brought his own CD." What? I take a moment to listen and in fact he is correct. I walk in and see "Mickey" who is a 'Nam Vet busting a lung on some high notes. He retires to a corner when he is finished and I notice that he still has headphones on. He's sort of mumbling to himself. Holy crap, he's actually practicing for the next song...
But he's a 'Nam Vet. We all know this means he can do whatever the EFF he wants and no one should say a damn thing about it. Good for you, Mickey. Whatever gets you through the PTSD. (no, I mean seriously).
There were one or two legitimately good singers, Joe including, but for the most part it was your standard fare of horribly drunk trashy girls murdering already horrible songs like "Hotel California" (puke). At one point a group of insanely smashed girls tried to get up there and sing "Hey Jude." Now...isn't there a code? Isn't there a Karaoke code that says:
A) Never attempt to sing the Beatles
B) If you are stupid enough to attempt to sing the Beatles, don't sing "Hey Jude." Everyone knows that song and will know you are effing murdering it.
C) If your version of singing is more like screaming in a single flat key...don't sing at all!
No? Well, someone should make one. I did not personally sing any Karaoke though I did sing my little heart out at the table. The fact of the matter is, I certainly wasn't going to sing alone, Joe is an amazing singer who should sing alone and not with me, Brennan only wanted to scream backup for Joe, and I did not have a group of drunk sluts with me to go and sing some horrible version of "Magic Carpet Ride" - so I just sat this one out.
Thursday, April 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment