Man, I feel old. Not because I think 28 is old. I know it's not actually old. But because I can no longer hang. I mean let's be honest. I could NEVER really hang. But there was a time, once upon a time, that I could go out until all hours of the night, night after night, and sleep until ten the next day and be fine like nothing ever happened. Now I have maybe one good night in me and then I'm done. I think the main problem is that I can no longer sleep late. Not in the sense that I have so much to do that I can't sleep late, but as in my body won't let me. By 8 AM my body is just saying "What the hell, get out of bed you lazy shite!" So after karaoke on Wednesday I was a little reluctant to head out again with Brennan and Joe to Hoboken on Thursday. Chris had work all this week so he couldn't come out and it's a bit of a haul to Hoboken, but I went anyway. As always I'm GLAD I went. I had a kickass time. But by 2 AM the thought of driving home 45 minutes almost made me want to curl up on the sidewalk and just take a little nap until the morning. I could have stayed at my brother's place as he lives in Hoboken, but he had to work today and I figured ringing him up at 2 AM would have been a tad rude.
So here I am, it's 10 AM and I magically slept until 9 today. But two days out past 2 AM in a row and I'm seriously shot to hell. Chris and I are supposed to go hang with our friend, Dave Moretti tonight. Chris and Dave have been friends since high school and were in their sketch comedy group together. Dave is a pretty well known actor in the gay community and stars in a show called "The Lair" on the Here! network- a gay focused television network. That's him in the title pic on the right...without the fangs...it's a vampire show but he plays the detective! Anyway, he lives in LA but is in town tonight doing some big promotion party at a huge gay club in NYC and we were going to be "put on the list" so we could go. Then he tells us it doesn't actually START until after 11:30. I don't really know why I am surprised. Did I think the party at the gay club was somehow going to start at 7pm? No. It'll be an all night rager. So here I am thinking gee, is Dave by any chance available for dinner? I don't think I have a third night of going out in me. Especially being that NY stays open until after 4 AM. At least in the Jerz things close at 2!! Thankfully I think Dave does have some "free time" from 6-9 pm (god he's such an actor now, penciling us in and all, but gotta love him). Hopefully we'll get to go to dinner, maybe walk around the city a bit, and get the hell home.
Yup. I feel old.
Friday, April 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment